Friday, June 17, 2011

throw me a freakin bone






Here is a song Alex has been playing on repeat for you to enjoy. Since Alex is so far the only follower of my secret blog, this may be redundant. Apologies.

Got a new job at Cafe La Maude in Northern Liberties. Besides bartending at the theater, it's been awhile since I've barista-ed and served so I'm a little rusty and it shows. I've completed day 3 -which by the way, began at 7 am this morning. Luckily the tips are really good, and it's close enough I can bike there - and I can eat awesome French/Lebanese food and drink good coffee for free. Please cross your fingers I can handle it - today wasn't even a "busy day", according to the owner, and I still got overwhelmed at one point and fucked up an order a bit. (I keep trying to reassure myself that I'm still very new, that I can do it, that it will be okay.) Even though the hourly wage is kind of crap, the tips so far have been very good. Hoping between that, being able to bike there instead of using gas or paying train fare, and being able to eat/drink for free it will be a profitable, smart place to be employed. I know I fucked up earlier because I was exhausted and being forgetful - so hopefully I can handle it. I got a little lecture as to how it's going to be way worse during busy times, her telling me I needed to pay attention ("And answer the phone if it rings!" - new jobs, always never know the telephone ring to listen for it, or what to say, how to transfer, if I should answer it at all... sigh) but I assured her I would be fine, I would get it, and that I could do it. I can do busy - I can be a good barista, a good server... I think? Whatever, I'm going to KICK THIS JOB IN THE MOTHERFUCKING BALLS. That's right. I'm gonna make it my bitch, and finally start making and saving some money. *Crosses fingers*




In other news, PEX Summer Festival is in less than three weeks. Choreography is done for both pieces I am in - now it's just time for refining and perfecting, finishing costumes, making props, and getting all my girls to the festival without having to pay tons of money. Come on, PEX - we're doing you favors by being part of what's making it WORK, throw me a freaking bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment