Sunday, July 31, 2011

Some things I guess I need to remember

Here are a few tips that will help you to feel proud of you:

  • If self-doubt creeps in, recall your proudest moments
  • Have faith in yourself and trust your feelings
  • Use your intuition when your thoughts are scrambled
  • Use self awareness to identify your passions
  • Be persistent in your desire to improve your life
  • Ask questions of those who you trust and respect
  • Always make sure your attire represents the proudest version of you


  • Perhaps the last one, about attire, wasn't necessarily meant for someone like me (with dreadlocks and piercings and tattoos) - but I will choose to interpret it as making sure I feel good about the way I look, which I try to do anyway, generally. (As exhibited by my stress in choosing an outfit for last night - where everyone else seemed to be "dressed to unimpress", as someone else put it - very casual and non-typical of a PEX musical event.)

    Especially since I feel like I have been falling down the rabbit hole of low self-esteem lately (dear god, help me) I need all the positive reinforcement I can muster.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment